Venture was engaged by a large Australian retailer to assess the current performance across its omni-channel business and address ways to improve its online performance and profitability.
In doing so, Venture was tasked to answer:
- How does the retailer compare to its competitors in its omni-channel offering?
- Where should the retailer be investing into “digital” to maximise returns?
- What key areas should be prioritised for improvement in the short and long term?
- We conducted an in-depth review of the client’s strategy across the full digital ecosystem; user experience; platforms and processes; and people and culture.
- We reviewed the client’s business performance and customer experience compared to global best practice, as well as local competitors, to identify the greatest opportunities.
- Through the review, we identified quick wins - where the retailer could rapidly implement improvements through a three-month programme to lift online performance, as well as game changers - more significant improvements for the medium term, hence providing a clear roadmap to raise its omni-channel performance.
- The review was presented to the board and senior management, resulting in implementation of the solutions identified. The client was happy with the outcome of the project and Venture was engaged for a phase 2 project.